How long for Hydnophora to open after shipping

  • Thread starter Thread starter ScuttleBug
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ScuttleBug

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 5, 2019
Messages
69
Reaction score
42
What state or country do you live in
Oklahoma
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Received a frag of hydnophora about 2 weeks ago. The frag seems to be doing well and looks to be encrusting over a piece of skeleton that was showing, probably due to how it was fragged. However it doesn't have the tentacles out that i see on photos of other hydnophora. Alk 8.5, nitrate 8, phos 0.05
 
Received a frag of hydnophora about 2 weeks ago. The frag seems to be doing well and looks to be encrusting over a piece of skeleton that was showing, probably due to how it was fragged. However it doesn't have the tentacles out that i see on photos of other hydnophora. Alk 8.5, nitrate 8, phos 0.05
mine took a few weeks. Be careful with placement, this is one of my most aggressive corals:eek:
 
It has its own rock up in the light away from everyone else. I'm leaving it a ton of room to get big. I've always been a fan of large colonies of fewer corals. Has anyone tried keeping different color morphs next to each other. This one is green and I would like to get a blue.
 
It has its own rock up in the light away from everyone else. I'm leaving it a ton of room to get big. I've always been a fan of large colonies of fewer corals. Has anyone tried keeping different color morphs next to each other. This one is green and I would like to get a blue.
i did have one of each fairly close.. they started taking off and then a RBTA in my tank decided to move overnight and killed the blue one.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 13 28.3%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 16 34.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 10.9%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 6.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 10.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new