How long is necessary for Prazipro to do its work?

FrenchAngel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! I have a question regarding the length of time required for Prazipro to kill flukes once dosed. I have heard that Prazipro is at its most potent during the first 24 hours, but this may not be the same as the necessary exposure time required to kill flukes and the other pests/worms that it is effective against. Perhaps it will successfully do its work in less then 24 hours? Like, say you were going to transfer your fish from one tank to another, but were going to dose prazipro in the first tank before you do the transfer. How long would be sufficient to leave the fish in the first tank after dosing the Prazipro to accomplish killing the flukes before transferring to the next tank?

LAReefer4Life

Lover of Angelfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A single treatment lasting 5-7 days is normally sufficient. Repeat as necessary. 2 doses usually is recommended to ensure the parasite is eradicated.

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While the first dose does its work within the first 24 hours or so on the attached flukes, what we are concerned about are any eggs that have been deposited within the fish's gills or other places, like within the eyes, that are somewhat difficult for the medication to reach. So, the second dose 5 days later, serves both as a preventative redose and newly hatched eliminator.

living_tribunal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! I have a question regarding the length of time required for Prazipro to kill flukes once dosed. I have heard that Prazipro is at its most potent during the first 24 hours, but this may not be the same as the necessary exposure time required to kill flukes and the other pests/worms that it is effective against. Perhaps it will successfully do its work in less then 24 hours? Like, say you were going to transfer your fish from one tank to another, but were going to dose prazipro in the first tank before you do the transfer. How long would be sufficient to leave the fish in the first tank after dosing the Prazipro to accomplish killing the flukes before transferring to the next tank?

I usually do two weeks, adding an appropriate amount of prazi per water being changed.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 74 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 71 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%

Back