How long Should Doser 2.1 Heads last?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

TheGulag

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had my GHL system setup since ~December 2019 testing alk twice a day since day one and below is how my Water Sample and Waste Water rollers look. I had both set to max speed per setup instructions. How can I prevent what has happened below again in 6 months, I remember reading some people had their water sample and waste water speed turned down? For what its worth the dosing head for regent and the 4th head I'm using to dose alk look like they did on day one.

Also worth noting that the doser tubes for both the rollers look pretty bad and almost friction burned.

F2415CAD-EBBF-4B7C-80A2-CC3C0D6C2AF3.jpeg

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My sample set lasted since August 2019. I just replaced it a few days ago. I would clean them once a month from the gunk.

The waste line will probably last another couple of months but they're close to done as well.

esther

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My sample set lasted since August 2019. I just replaced it a few days ago. I would clean them once a month from the gunk.

The waste line will probably last another couple of months but they're close to done as well.

Honestly, I didn't even think about them until I saw this post. Any tips on the process you take to clean them monthly?

esther

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had my GHL system setup since ~December 2019 testing alk twice a day since day one and below is how my Water Sample and Waste Water rollers look. I had both set to max speed per setup instructions. How can I prevent what has happened below again in 6 months, I remember reading some people had their water sample and waste water speed turned down? For what its worth the dosing head for regent and the 4th head I'm using to dose alk look like they did on day one.

Also worth noting that the doser tubes for both the rollers look pretty bad and almost friction burned.

F2415CAD-EBBF-4B7C-80A2-CC3C0D6C2AF3.jpeg

Forgive my ignorance, but what part would you need just to replace what's in the photo? Or do you have to buy a full doser head?

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly, I didn't even think about them until I saw this post. Any tips on the process you take to clean them monthly?
I clean them with citric acid to get that black gunk / funk off. The tubes though look scorched as noted above, but I don't think they sell those so I'm probably going to just source some bulk tubing when I can find out exactly what it is.

Member No 1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I clean them with citric acid to get that black gunk / funk off. The tubes though look scorched as noted above, but I don't think they sell those so I'm probably going to just source some bulk tubing when I can find out exactly what it is.
BRS sells the replacement hose also.

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BRS sells the replacement hose also.
Does anybody sell this hose in longer lengths like 10ft or more? My Aquatronia's dosing pump repair kit comes with a 3ft length and you are supposed to cut it to the length you desire. So somebody must wholesale this tubing.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.8%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.0%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.9%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 72 42.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.7%

Back