How long should I drip my new anemone?

beehive124

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I got a BTA coming tomorrow. Last BTA I ordered got delayed in the mail and therefore died unfortunately :( so I’m hoping for a do over with this one :) Anyhoo, I normally float, dip, drop my corals, but I know inverts are wayyyy more sensitive. About how long do you guys drip your nems? Do you use a different method?
Thanks!

LeftyReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I got my firs BTA, it was attached to a piece of live rock. I was worried putting the rock in my tank could bring bad hitch-hikers (aiptasia) so I hung that rock over a cup of water and waited for the BTA to let go and drop into my cup. It took about two hours of him hanging upside down out of the water before he finally let go.... I then placed him on a rock in my DT and turned all the flow off for a while so he could attach. My BTA has been in the same spot since.

suffice to say, I don't think BTA's require a complicated acclimation, but then again, I may be wrong.

if anything maybe put it in a bucket of your tank water and let it be for a while... it may expel its dirty water and fill up with your tank water.... would be better than letting it expel its dirty water in your tank.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 20.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 76 34.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 9.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.3%
Back