How long should I drip my new anemone?

beehive124

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 16, 2021
Messages
493
Reaction score
212
Location
United States
What state or country do you live in
North Dakota
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I got a BTA coming tomorrow. Last BTA I ordered got delayed in the mail and therefore died unfortunately :( so I’m hoping for a do over with this one :) Anyhoo, I normally float, dip, drop my corals, but I know inverts are wayyyy more sensitive. About how long do you guys drip your nems? Do you use a different method?
Thanks!
 
When I got my firs BTA, it was attached to a piece of live rock. I was worried putting the rock in my tank could bring bad hitch-hikers (aiptasia) so I hung that rock over a cup of water and waited for the BTA to let go and drop into my cup. It took about two hours of him hanging upside down out of the water before he finally let go.... I then placed him on a rock in my DT and turned all the flow off for a while so he could attach. My BTA has been in the same spot since.

suffice to say, I don't think BTA's require a complicated acclimation, but then again, I may be wrong.

if anything maybe put it in a bucket of your tank water and let it be for a while... it may expel its dirty water and fill up with your tank water.... would be better than letting it expel its dirty water in your tank.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new