How long should I keep the fish in my acclimation box?

CyberGuy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got the male Earls wrasse and released it from my acclimation box after 2 days but then my male Hawaiian Flame attacked it shortly even though it has seen my Earls wrasse in the box for 2 days.

I was able to catch the Earls wrasse and has put it in the acclimation box. It is recouping from being harrashed and is currently eating well.

So how long should I leave the Earls wrasse in the acclimation box this time? 1 week? 2 weeks? longer?

I still see the flame wrasse swim up to the box and tries to intimidate the Earls wrasse.

Should I just sell the Earls wrasse since I am afraid that it will be beat up by my flame wrasse once it is out of the acclimation box. I hate to lose such an expensive rare fish.

FindingPonyo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got the male Earls wrasse and released it from my acclimation box after 2 days but then my male Hawaiian Flame attacked it shortly even though it has seen my Earls wrasse in the box for 2 days.

I was able to catch the Earls wrasse and has put it in the acclimation box. It is recouping from being harrashed and is currently eating well.

So how long should I leave the Earls wrasse in the acclimation box this time? 1 week? 2 weeks? longer?

I still see the flame wrasse swim up to the box and tries to intimidate the Earls wrasse.

Should I just sell the Earls wrasse since I am afraid that it will be beat up by my flame wrasse once it is out of the acclimation box. I hate to lose such an expensive rare fish.
Try switching around the position of the acclimation box. Make sure the fish inside of the tank are used to the one in the acclimation box. If you have a lid to it, slowly lower it in to the tank every day, deeper and deeper. If none of that is working, if you have a quarantine tank, but each fish in separate tanks next to each other so they can see each other but not fight.

OP
OP
C

CyberGuy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, maybe I should try to catch the male Hawaiian wrasse and remove it from the tank.

....... or I could catch it and put it in the acclimation box and take the Earls wrasse out of the acclimation box and put it in the DT so it would be the dominant wrasse in the DT and then release the flame wrasse back into the DT after around 2 weeks. Does this sound like a good plan?

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 68 35.2%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.6%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 24.9%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 62 32.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.1%
Back