how long till pronounced killed in action

jdmkid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how long do you guys wait if you dont find a body to say the fish died? I bought a helfrich that was doing great the first 2 days eating everything swimming fine. Havent seen him for about a week.

I

inactive

View Badges
He is probably long gone by now... clean up crew put in some work.

nayrgaijin

Aquaculture Advocate
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sometimes fish can hide like that for a long period of time. I meen it's been months on before I've seen some fish.

Demonic

Love Change
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My firefish hid for about 2 weeks before I seen him. I have a YWG that hid for about a month. I actually forgot about him, then one day just swam out in the open. So I never say they are dead unless I find them, just MIA.

ShakyJay

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I put a jawfish in my tank, he did not look good when I put him in the tank. I did not see him the tank for about 3 weeks, so I figured I lost him to the CUC. I did a tank overhaul, going through moving some rocks around, scraping glass, and what not and all of a sudden out he pops happy and healthy as can be, scared the crap out of me. Now he has a great big hole under some rocks where I can keep an eye on him and he is doing great.

OP
OP
J

jdmkid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ya i still have hope because my first firefish hid for a week before i saw him. the thing that throws me off is that he was doing great for a couple days and then missing. But im switching tanks soon so im sure ill know once i move the live rock

Emoney

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ture story..Have a Lubucks Wrasse i thought for sure was dead and eatin (by clean up crew). Gone , out of site for Months. Then one day something spooked him from hiding and Place and i was shocked...He looked like crap. but was alive!

On the other side of the coin i had a helferchi that was never found ...wish he would suprise me like the wrasse!..lol

ReefCAKE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have a small read-head goby that i didn't see for 6 months after i put him in my reef but he pops up every once in a while.

Figuring out the why: Has your primary reason(s) for keeping a saltwater aquarium changed over time?

• My reasons for reef keeping have changed dramatically.

Votes: 5 7.5%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have somewhat evolved.

Votes: 26 38.8%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have no changed.

Votes: 35 52.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.5%
Back