How to feed a smal ocelaris

klavmaister

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
one of my ocelaris fish died so i bought a biota, the problem i found was that it was only about an inch long. it is unable to eat the small pellets. how do i feed it? have it in qt now.

LadyMac

Freshwater sage fish whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Frozen foods would be best, brine shrimp are very small. And there’s also frozen baby brine. You can thaw a cube and it’ll keep in the fridge covered for about a week. If he’s your only fish a pack of frozen will last awhile. It’ll help him grow too.

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They have micro-size pellets. There is also, flake food, frozen baby brine, Live baby brine, frozen reef frenzy (well shredded). There are lots of choices of foods for our fish.

littlebeard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've used tdo pellets/granules for some of the smaller biota fish.

OP
OP
K

klavmaister

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thx! Keep him in a separate tank and try to make him grow a bit befour dt deployment

Bpones

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As stated above, they
Thx! Keep him in a separate tank and try to make him grow a bit befour dt deployment
make tiny pellets.
I’m curious about keeping Him separate from Her in a display. It might be worth your time to keep them both together in a qt while He grows up some. They could bond and pair up in the qt together.

My concern would be if He were left too long on His own to grow that He could become Her and you’d have a harder time introducing Her to Her in the display.

Best of luck!

Sophie"s mom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
one of my ocelaris fish died so i bought a biota, the problem i found was that it was only about an inch long. it is unable to eat the small pellets. how do i feed it? have it in qt now.
I have a 1" Picasso clown who eats like crazy. What others here have said, he eats small pieces of flake food in the morning, and frozen brine and mysis in the evening. I use Ocean Nutrition flake food, and he really loves it. Just brake it down by rubbing it in your fingers first, and he should be able to eat that just fine.

danimal1211

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Frozen foods would be best, brine shrimp are very small. And there’s also frozen baby brine.
My clown was about an inch when I got it. I fed frozen brine until he was large enough to eat pellets. I put a cube in a ziplock bag and let it defrost until soft enough to smush flat, then back to the freezer it went. That way I could cut off what I needed to feed each day. Less waste that way.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 30 15.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 111 58.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.3%
Back