How long to leave clownfish in breeder box

_cpate3_

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My clown showed random aggression today against only my shrimp and no others in the tank only the cleaner shrimp. They had been together the last 5 months but today they were bullying the shrimp. Lights went out, they went to sleep, so I caught the female and put her in a breeder box. It’s so sad to watch and I want to release her back as soon as possible so how long can I leave her in the box?

IMG_7653.jpeg

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know, its very unclown-like behavior to chase after shrimp and bully it, I've never seen it or heard of it. I would think there is something else going on

OP
OP
_cpate3_

_cpate3_

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know, it’s very unclown-like behavior to chase after shrimp and bully it, I've never seen it or heard of it. I would think there is something else going on
I saw the male doing the “rock cleaning” that clowns do before laying eggs, in the same spot the shrimp usually hangs. So I wonder if the female was bullying the shrimp away from its spot so they could lay eggss

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 56 24.6%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 59 25.9%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 55 24.1%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 54 23.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.8%
Back