How long to let Devil’s Hand adjust?

3000kelvin

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 11, 2019
Messages
97
Reaction score
68
What state or country do you live in
Nevada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked up a nice piece of devils hand at my LFS. After getting it home and getting the coral acclimated it did open up. However, it’s not as big as it was in the fish store. How long should I leave it in its current position to see if it opens up any further? I’ve got it in the middle of my tank with moderate flow. Lights are at 30%. Not sure how long I should leave it in its current position before adjusting the lights or moving it up.

8241D580-E71B-4826-865B-12F61489B224.jpeg 660C0791-2839-4CEE-A9E4-91804F97C40D.jpeg
 
@3000kelvin I’m not an expert. But when I moved a devils hand from someone else’s tank to mime it took several weeks for it to adjust to the new environment
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 9 7.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 39 31.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 8.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 17 13.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new