How long to run a Phosphate Reactor for?

gordoncheers

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 6, 2021
Messages
167
Reaction score
24
Location
Singapore
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would assume to run it until my phosphates drop to an acceptable range then I can turn it off and when the phosphate levels rise again I can turn it back on again.
 
I wouldn’t recommend allowing the water to stagnate in an enclosed area.

Use a smaller amount in a reactor constantly, and when the phosphate gradually halts, replace or remove the GFO entirely.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 12 24.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 26.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 8 16.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 16.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 2 4.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new