How long to run fluconazole for bryopsis?

Dave-T

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had some small patches of bryopsis in my tank for quite a while, over a month at least, when it suddenly started taking off and appearing in many spots in my tank. So I decided to hit it with Flux RX. I used the full dose for my 350 gallon system. After a week, I don't see any bryopsis. Is it ok to do the end of treatment protocol now (large water change, turn back on carbon/GFO, etc). I know you're supposed to give it two weeks. I'm leaving on a two week trip next Wednesday, so ideally I'd like to end the bryopsis treatment before I leave, but I don't want to cut it short just to have it come back.

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like 2 weeks is recommended

Borat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The longer you leave it - the more chances Bryopsis won't come back, it took me about 4 weeks before it completely disappeared.. so 2 weeks is an absolute minimum - but if you can, I would hold off water changes and GAC for another 2 weeks. Skimmer can be on..

OP
OP
D

Dave-T

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, as I said - I know the recommended duration is two weeks. I'm wondering if I can cut it short. I also run an algae turf scrubber, and ity doesn't seem happy since I dosed the fluconazole.

markron

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had some small patches of bryopsis in my tank for quite a while, over a month at least, when it suddenly started taking off and appearing in many spots in my tank. So I decided to hit it with Flux RX. I used the full dose for my 350 gallon system. After a week, I don't see any bryopsis. Is it ok to do the end of treatment protocol now (large water change, turn back on carbon/GFO, etc). I know you're supposed to give it two weeks. I'm leaving on a two week trip next Wednesday, so ideally I'd like to end the bryopsis treatment before I leave, but I don't want to cut it short just to have it come back.
I had some small patches of bryopsis in my tank for quite a while, over a month at least, when it suddenly started taking off and appearing in many spots in my tank. So I decided to hit it with Flux RX. I used the full dose for my 350 gallon system. After a week, I don't see any bryopsis. Is it ok to do the end of treatment protocol now (large water change, turn back on carbon/GFO, etc). I know you're supposed to give it two weeks. I'm leaving on a two week trip next Wednesday, so ideally I'd like to end the bryopsis treatment before I leave i need to Download APK Files, but I don't want to cut it short just to have it come back.
I am using Reef Flux (Fluconazole) to get rid of bryopsis. I am on day 12 of the 14 day treatment. I used per instructions. Bryopsis still going strong. What do I do next? Water change and try again? Wait longer to change water? Try something else like Vibrant????

OP
OP
D

Dave-T

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am using Reef Flux (Fluconazole) to get rid of bryopsis. I am on day 12 of the 14 day treatment. I used per instructions. Bryopsis still going strong. What do I do next? Water change and try again? Wait longer to change water? Try something else like Vibrant????
Are you sure it's bryopsis?

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 6 6.9%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 23 26.4%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 43 49.4%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 14 16.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back