How long will it take for a TS blenny to succumb from not eating?

joec

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have not seen him eat in 11 days no matter what I try. I treated for Prazi resistant flukes once after FWB with Fenbendazole bath and he has not eaten since before the freshwater bath 11 days ago.

This sucks

OP
OP
J

joec

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not that’s obvious. He’s mostly staying in one spot but I do see him move around the tank during the day a bit. I’m wondering if he might be picking at food at night but I think probably not. I’m prepared to euthanize. He’s not really breathing heavy or in obvious distress. I thought he would have been gone by now

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sometimes the internal parasites (worms) that meds kill, will ball up in the fish keeping them from eating. Dosing the water with epsom salts 1 tablespoon per 5 gallons of tank water and feeding boiled peeled green peas can unclog the fish.

RazorD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you certain he’s not eating when you’re not around? I had a WT bristletooth tang that I swore wasn’t eating for over a week in QT. I set up a camera and found out he’d only eat I. The dark when I wasn’t around.

OP
OP
J

joec

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sometimes the internal parasites (worms) that meds kill, will ball up in the fish keeping them from eating. Dosing the water with epsom salts 1 tablespoon per 5 gallons of tank water and feeding boiled peeled green peas can unclog the fish.

I have a pink streaked wrasse with him who is fine. Them Epson salt won’t do any harm ? If not will try

OP
OP
J

joec

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you certain he’s not eating when you’re not around? I had a WT bristletooth tang that I swore wasn’t eating for over a week in QT. I set up a camera and found out he’d only eat I. The dark when I wasn’t around.

It’s possible but he’s always eaten. I’m not really seeing poop

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a pink streaked wrasse with him who is fine. Them Epson salt won’t do any harm ? If not will try
No harm in dosing epsom salts at 1 tbl. spoon per 5 gal. It will raise the mg level in the tank a very little bit. Just make sure to use "plain USP Epsom Salts" with no perfumes, scents, etc.

OP
OP
J

joec

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No harm in dosing epsom salts at 1 tbl. spoon per 5 gal. It will raise the mg level in the tank a very little bit. Just make sure to use "plain USP Epsom Salts" with no perfumes, scents, etc.

Ok done. All is I can do is hope for the best at this point

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 37 23.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 33.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 30.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back