how long with little to no flow?

  • Thread starter Thread starter xxbrianxx
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

xxbrianxx

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 13, 2011
Messages
276
Reaction score
0
Location
CA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like to feed my chalices and lps a lot and I have to turn off the flow for about an hour each time. If I do that twice a day would there be any adverse effects on my sps? thanks.

p.s. there is a tiny bit of flow coming from my ats but it's very minimal
 
alright, cool thanks. and nah I wouldn't call it a ulns, but the ats does keep nutrients pretty low. and I actually enjoy feeding and watching the chalices eat lol.
 
i feed mine when i scrape my glass. i see them devour the scraped coralline and gunk that grew on the glass. must have some bacteria on there that they feed on.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 56 35.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new