How many angels in a 120g?

  • Thread starter Thread starter TwelveL16
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

TwelveL16

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
May 14, 2014
Messages
1,922
Reaction score
703
Location
indiana
Rating - 100%
2   0   1
I have a 2-3inch coral beauty in my 120g. could I add any other type of angel fish at this point? The coral beauty is very well behaved.
 
I've had the same four in my 5' 150 gal for years now - Coral Beauty, Lemonpeel, Cherub, Eibli. Plus I usually keep a juvenile regular angel until it outgrows the tank (currently, a Koran.) Are there skirmishes sometimes? Yes. But usually nothing too serious. The Lemonpeel is by far the biggest/meanest (Bicolors get nasty too.)
 
In my 65 (( 3 feet long )) I have a Coral Beauty, Flame and Multicolored. They have been together for just under 4 years now.

The only one(s) that I would consider would be dwarfs.

An acclimation box (( even up to a week )) goes a long way, and a back up plan if it doesn't work. Realize that it could be a huge PITA to remove one if it doesn't work out.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 35.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 14.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 11 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new