How many electrical lines?

G Santana

Hospitality Elf
View Badges
Reaction score
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/this-little-pigg
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just ran a 15 amp circuit to start my tank which will power lights, skimmer, main pump. This will get me started, my question is, how many dedicated circuits do you folks have when you have all your equipment up and running.

I still have to make room for two power heads, co2 controller, heater and a few odds and ends.

I can if needed run another 15 amp circuit.

Thanks for the input

Pistondog

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just ran a 15 amp circuit to start my tank which will power lights, skimmer, main pump. This will get me started, my question is, how many dedicated circuits do you folks have when you have all your equipment up and running.

I still have to make room for two power heads, co2 controller, heater and a few odds and ends.

Thanks for the input
Heats and lights are probably major load and that depends on tank size. I use leds, kessil and ai prime.
Make sure to use gfci. My 75g dt+ 20g sump + 20 satellite run on 700 watts max per apex, less than 6 amps

OP
OP
G Santana

G Santana

Hospitality Elf
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heats and lights are probably major load and that depends on tank size. I use leds, kessil and ai prime.
Make sure to use gfci. My 75g dt+ 20g sump + 20 satellite run on 700 watts max per apex, less than 5 amps
That's remarkable, I am setting up a 135 gallon with 30 gallon sump.
I can't believe you're running all that on 5 amps. Cool

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Thanks for the input
I always run two circuits for all of my builds and I split the loads between both circuits in case a breaker ever pops at least one of my heaters is running and one of my power heads and other systems I use two pumps I’ll have one pump running

xxkenny90xx

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not set up like this but I believe it's recommended to have your return pump on its own circuit. It is the heart of the tank!

OP
OP
G Santana

G Santana

Hospitality Elf
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I always run two circuits for all of my builds and I split the loads between both circuits in case a breaker ever pops at least one of my heaters is running and one of my power heads and other systems I use two pumps I’ll have one pump running
Sound advice

OP
OP
G Santana

G Santana

Hospitality Elf
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not set up like this but I believe it's recommended to have your return pump on its own circuit. It is the heart of the tank!
Again, sound advice.
Gives me reason to run a second line and gives me additional piece of mind.
I like the idea of running two heaters on separate lines, smart!!!

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 11 78.6%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back