How many fish for my tank

  • Thread starter Thread starter Kershaw
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Kershaw

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 11, 2015
Messages
2,560
Reaction score
1,504
Location
sacramento, ca
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello every one. I was wondering how many fish I should limit my self to. My tank is 48x30x20 125 gal. 120 lbs or so of live rock and a little sps and lps

Here are fish I have
Blue line rabbit fish
Clown fish pair
Yellow eye kole tang.
Malanarus wrasse

Fish I may get in future.

Midas Blenny
Green Mandarin
Magnificent Foxface
Diamond Watchman Goby
Hortulanus Wrasse or Dusky Wrasse Or both
 
there is a big debate about the amount of fish you can put into a system. take into consideration the needs of the fish with the space available and the size the fish can grow to. I say go with as many as your system can handle and not overcrowd so the aggression is least likely to form and fish can establish their space. also keep into consideration where the fish swim, bottom dwellers, rock dwellers, or open water swimmers. you dont want too many of each taking up all the space in their areas. I say you should be fine adding those other fish.
 
Thank you for reply. I feed well and my filtration can handle with out issue. I always kept light amount of fish. But on this tank I will be doing just my favorite coral and more fish
 
I don't think you'd have a problem with those fish.
I always find hard and fast rules to be wrong.
Other than compatibility issues, to me, you can see when you're done.
 
Judt add gradually and monitor your parameters. Your list should be fine.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new