How many fish in 20g

clownfishluvr123

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 25, 2022
Messages
13
Reaction score
7
Location
Honolulu
What state or country do you live in
Hawaii
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have a 20g standard tank with 2 clownfish, a firefish, and a Tailspot blenny. I was wondering if it’s possible to add a 5th fish and if so is it possible to add a pearl jaw fish. Have found them to be quite cute lately. Is it possible to get one?
 
How deep is your sand bed? Pearly jawfish need at least 4 inches to burrow. That aside, if you have enough filtration you should be okay since all your listed fish occupy relatively different niches
 
Personally I would not, I think you have a good mix of fish and pushing your luck to add another. 4 fish in a 20 is a full tank, the fish will grow in time. if you really want another fish, get something like a neon goby or a clown goby, something very small.

As mentioned above, jawfish need a thick sandbed.
 
I have 4 fish in my 20g, I could maybe add another small fish, but I feel like my tank is full with those 4. I personally would either stick with the fish you have, or get a small goby. Skip the jawfish
 
I'd stop at four fish. Especially with your clowns in there.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new