how many hours can you light chaeto in a fuge?

sensei

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
is it possible to run light on for 24hr cycle or is it best to give chaeto some time to rest with lights off??

thanks for your answers

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
is it possible to run light on for 24hr cycle or is it best to give chaeto some time to rest with lights off??

thanks for your answers
You can run the lights 24/7 for at least the short term (a few weeks or more). Every tank seems different and mine does best with an 8 hour off cycle.

OP
OP
sensei

sensei

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can run the lights 24/7 for at least the short term (a few weeks or more). Every tank seems different and mine does best with an 8 hour off cycle.
thanks brew12

Michael Allen

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have read some where on another forum here that Chaeto will gain anything it needs from 6 minutes of darkness a day. But as stated above, every tank is different, If your nutrition are high and need the extra exports, leave light on longer.

dkevink

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have run my refugium lights on 24/7, got lazy when power went out and didn’t want to reset timer. The only drawback is if chaeto stops rolling you may burn the top of it, turns white, maybe it dries out. I use led screw in grow lights that look like flood lights and are pink in color. It grows like crazy then slows down. I had better growth with a dark time and chaeto looked healthier.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 64 39.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 21.6%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 35.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.7%
Back