How many hours per day for Intense LED Lighting?

saltydog81

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 3, 2014
Messages
14
Reaction score
5
Location
Clarendon, TX
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have LPS and SPS in my 120 g and I was wondering how many hours does everyone run there intense light for optimal growth? I have a Current USA Orbit Marine as my main light and a full spectrum ebay LED that has a higher output with a timer set to turn it off and on.
 
I do a slow 5 hour sunrise, 3 hour midday and 6 hour sunset. At midday I have a PAR of 200 about 18"-20" deep in the tank.
 
Run my lights for a total of about 13 hours a day, ramps up from 9 am to 2 PM and runs full spectrum until 8 PM. Starts ramping down at 8PM until about 2:30AM, love having the late night moonlights for viewing pleasure.
 
My program is about 12+ hours, 4-5 are blazing hot, another 4 is moderate intensity and the rest is low. My tank is almost sps exclusive though...
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 9 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 39 31.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 8.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new