How many is to many

reefviper101

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all

First sorry first post was incomplete.my question is how many corals would u put in your tank in one shot I'm going coral shopping for my b day and I'm thinking of getting 7 8 maybe 10 corals is that to many at one time take is still young has 3 4 head zoes 1 plate 1 torch 1 star 1 shroom lots of space yet but want to make sure of growing room too

Turkey head

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tend to buy bigger corals vs small frags so I don’t add more than 1 or 2 at a time. If you have space, it probably doesn’t matter much. Corals are a low bio load I believe.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you seen the tanks that look like wall to wall corals and are thriving? I wouldnt worry until something start to show side effects from any type of "war"

Subsea

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all

First sorry first post was incomplete.my question is how many corals would u put in your tank in one shot I'm going coral shopping for my b day and I'm thinking of getting 7 8 maybe 10 corals is that to many at one time take is still young has 3 4 head zoes 1 plate 1 torch 1 star 1 shroom lots of space yet but want to make sure of growing room too

Vince,
Happy birthday. As stated above, corals add little bioload if they are healthy and tank is mature enough to support them.

I looked at your tank history and I find little description of your system. I assume tank was started in May 2020 and tore down in August due to Cynobacteria. You have a new biological ecosystem that should be more mature before making large purchases of livestock.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 28.0%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 14.0%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 6.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.0%
Back