OP
Cabinetman

Cabinetman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wassup Paul? When ya moving?
It’s great to see you guys posting and sharing your knowledge but getting off subject Like this...especially by such well know members is annoying.. sorry I couldn’t think of a better word. I don’t know how many threads I’ve seen where the subject up for discussion gets lost because of stuff like this then your having to scroll through pages of stuff that should have been discussed through pm.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s great to see you guys posting and sharing your knowledge but getting off subject Like this...especially by such well know members is annoying.. sorry I couldn’t think of a better word. I don’t know how many threads I’ve seen where the subject up for discussion gets lost because of stuff like this then your having to scroll through pages of stuff that should have been discussed through pm.

My apologies, I'll refrain from posting in your threads.

Jose Mayo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just to inform ...

Antiparasitic effect of dietary Romet®30 (SDMX–OMP) against ciliate Cryptocaryon irritans infection in the red sea bream Pagrus major and tiger puffer Takifugu rubripes

"Highlights
► Romet®30 is Sulfadimethoxine–Ormetoprim (SDMX–OMP) combination. ► In-feed Romet®30 had a therapeutic effect against C. irritans infection. ► The suitable dose of Romet®30 was 50 mg/kg BW/day. ► The suitable duration of administration was 14 consecutive days. ► This dosing condition of Romet®30 was practically useful for aquaculture."

Sulfadimethoxine-Ormetoprim (SDMX-OMP) is a broad-spectrum microbicide chemotherapeutic agent, widely used in the treatment of dogs and cats, now fish ... has the potential to alter the biological filter if used directly in DT. Its possible safe use can be conveyed in food at the doses recommended in this work.

There is no recognized experience, which I have found, of safe use in reef tanks.

Best Regards

Thomashtom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just to inform ...

Antiparasitic effect of dietary Romet®30 (SDMX–OMP) against ciliate Cryptocaryon irritans infection in the red sea bream Pagrus major and tiger puffer Takifugu rubripes

"Highlights
► Romet®30 is Sulfadimethoxine–Ormetoprim (SDMX–OMP) combination. ► In-feed Romet®30 had a therapeutic effect against C. irritans infection. ► The suitable dose of Romet®30 was 50 mg/kg BW/day. ► The suitable duration of administration was 14 consecutive days. ► This dosing condition of Romet®30 was practically useful for aquaculture."

Sulfadimethoxine-Ormetoprim (SDMX-OMP) is a broad-spectrum microbicide chemotherapeutic agent, widely used in the treatment of dogs and cats, now fish ... has the potential to alter the biological filter if used directly in DT. Its possible safe use can be conveyed in food at the doses recommended in this work.

There is no recognized experience, which I have found, of safe use in reef tanks.

Best Regards
Where i can i buy this ? I have been battling ich for 8 months!!! Much appreciated. Tom

Jose Mayo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is a veterinary medicine, I believe it has the brand PRIMOR® (sulfadimethoxine / ormetoprim) in the US, but it is not tested for aquariums and should be offered with fish food, not directly in the water.

Medical prescription may be required.

Best regards

OP
OP
Cabinetman

Cabinetman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After reading that it sounds like a possible cure could be in the pipes! Whoever comes up with a reef safe treatment that actually works is going to make a serious pile of money. I'm going to forward that info to new life spectrum...my go to food company

Jose Mayo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish you every success !!!

According to the instructions in the brochure posted above, this medicine is thermostable, supporting the process of preparing food in tablets, granules or flakes.

Good luck and always success!

Jose Mayo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well ... I myself have previously discovered the cure for Bryopsis (experience with fluconazole reported in 2014, but it only arrived in the United States in 2016), I just hope to continue having the same luck, for the development of the hobby.

Good luck in your intentions!

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wassup Paul? When ya moving?

They plan to finish our condo in April. But they originally planned it in January, then in February, then in March if you see where I am going with this. :cool:

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My apologies, I'll refrain from posting in your threads.

I double your apology as I probably started it. I will shut up now. Sorry

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 171 73.1%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 17 7.3%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 41 17.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.1%
Back