How many MP40's

You will need 40 of them :P The amount flow depends on what corals you want to keep. I would recommend at least two of them, one on each side of the tank. Will there be an overflow and return?
 
Hmm I unfortunately think you will need a second power head
 
I have had a 36" 65g tank for four years now with one MP40. I have kept all types of corals including mostly SPS and some LPS. I get plenty of water movement and a nice wave on the top when on nutrient transport mode.
 
Vortech has a chart on their website to show you how much flow a mp40 will make and how much your tanks volume would need. I personally think one is enough. I have two on a six foot tank with softies, lps, sps corals.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new