How many RADION G5 BLUE?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Tony73

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello

I've reef tank 100x70x55h cm (40x28x22h inch)

I've 80% SPS and 20% LPS, currently I've ATI T5 8x39w + 2 Easyled deepblue Bar led.

I would like to switch full led, how many RADION G5 BLUE? XR30 or XR15 ?

Thanks
Antonio

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe this is my problem. I have a tank similar dimensions: 48"x24"x16". I'm running 2 XR-15Blue on it and the only luck I'm having is with LPS, Zoas, Mushrooms. SPS look killer for a couple weeks and then blah....
A third XR15 might make a huge difference.

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe this is my problem. I have a tank similar dimensions: 48"x24"x16". I'm running 2 XR-15Blue on it and the only luck I'm having is with LPS, Zoas, Mushrooms. SPS look killer for a couple weeks and then blah....

What settings? SPS don't need as much par as many think. I am doubtful the light is the issue

neotactical

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A third XR15 might make a huge difference.
I certainly like the price better than having to replace the entire light setup. I'm running a complete APEX system. My APEX Par meter avgs about 150 where the SPS typically go. Water paremeters are right on, fish are healthy, all other colors lush and super healthy, no unwanted algae. I've tried numerous lighting templates and my tank gets about 11 hours of light per day. SPS just blah....

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I certainly like the price better than having to replace the entire light setup. I'm running a complete APEX system. My APEX Par meter avgs about 150 where the SPS typically go. Water paremeters are right on, fish are healthy, all other colors lush and super healthy, no unwanted algae. I've tried numerous lighting templates and my tank gets about 11 hours of light per day. SPS just blah....
Two SKYs would also be pretty awesome...

neotactical

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also 150 is fine for a lot of sps. Some may not get as intense of a color, but they will grow just fine.
So what do you think could be the demise of SPS for me. Like I said previously - for the first few weeks they look amazing and even start growing, but after a month they just start to lose tissue and slowly die off.

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So what do you think could be the demise of SPS for me. Like I said previously - for the first few weeks they look amazing and even start growing, but after a month they just start to lose tissue and slowly die off.

What is the nitrate and phosphate level (and what test kit)? Are they getting moderately high multi directional flow?

neotactical

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the nitrate and phosphate level (and what test kit)? Are they getting moderately high multi directional flow?
Flow is good. 1 MP40 on each side with varying flow.
Just ran tests tonight for Phosphate and Nitrate:

Hanna Checker Phosphate ULR = .04
Hanna Checker Nitrate HR = .2

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Flow is good. 1 MP40 on each side with varying flow.
Just ran tests tonight for Phosphate and Nitrate:

Hanna Checker Phosphate ULR = .04
Hanna Checker Nitrate HR = .2

Ah. Your nitrate is extremely low. Unless you heavily dose aminos daily, I would try to get that up.

neotactical

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah. Your nitrate is extremely low. Unless you heavily dose aminos daily, I would try to get that up.
What's the ideal range? I does aminos weekly (Acropower). It seems silly to dose Nitrate directly - shouldn't I be able to get that level up by feeding more?

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 43.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 21.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 31 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.2%
Back