How many really use night mode on wavemaker?

BullyBee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How many of you guys truly use the night time feature on your wavemaker? It is the sole reason I got the wavemaker I got and now am wondering how important it really is

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m running a test right now to see if it makes any difference in my system. I haven’t noticed any benefits yet with them on lower power at night. I have found my pH dropping more with less flow which may actually contribute sound evidence to the no night-mode school of thought.

OP
OP
BullyBee

BullyBee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m running a test right now to see if it makes any difference in my system. I haven’t noticed any benefits yet with them on lower power at night. I have found my pH dropping more with less flow which may actually contribute sound evidence to the no night-mode school of thought.

keep us posted.

kyleinpdx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I turn mine off for a few hours in the dead of night. Still have the return going, but powerheads are off. I've heard of some of the growers doing this and figured I'd give it a shot. Havent been doing it long enough to draw any conclusions (a few weeks) but we'll see where things are at in 6mos.

LxHowler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I first switched to mp10's I used it but then I went away with work that meant I didn't get to use it. Something I noticed is that some of my corals don't seem to like night mode, when I use night mode my Duncan and torch both close up tight but when I don't they stay more open at night and seem happier. This is just my experience with it, I'm sure others will disagree which is fine.
My other thought when I stopped using it is that the ocean doesn't really stop at night, or not 80% like my mp10 do.
Personal experience other may vary

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 59 39.9%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.3%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 50 33.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.1%
Back