How many Reef Brite strips should I add?

VelasCorals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 22, 2010
Messages
2,089
Reaction score
363
Location
Raleigh, NC
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an ATI 36" 6 bulb t5 fixture over my 50x32x32 tank. I wanted to add more shimmer and pop to the corals with some blue LEDs.

Should I just add one blue 30" reef brite strip

Or

Two blue 30" strips (1 front 1 back)

Or

One blue and one 50/50?


Thanks!
 
Or should I take the $400 for those strips plus the $200 I could get my ati and buy something else?

Quick, the money is burning a hole in my pocket!
 
Why not do a DIY RapidLED strip? I think the reefbrites are nice but 200 for a little extra pop is a lot. You could also mod your sunpower to put in LEDs for the center 2 T5 strips if you're feeling adventurous. Check for Sahin's build for an example of a nicely modded fixture.
 
Why not do a DIY RapidLED strip? I think the reefbrites are nice but 200 for a little extra pop is a lot. You could also mod your sunpower to put in LEDs for the center 2 T5 strips if you're feeling adventurous. Check for Sahin's build for an example of a nicely modded fixture.

I was thinking about a DIY Rapid LED but it won't look as clean as the ATI fixture I have now. I'll check out Sahin's build but I'm terrible with electronics. I think the parts for a 36" heat sink, driver and everthing else cost around $140. I figured an extra $60 for a complete kit that is plug and play is worth the extra cash. That's why I was going to use a Reef Brite and mount it on the edge of the ATI fixture. Both are stainless steel with the contemporary look.
 
Kodiac hooked me up with two 36" strips. Can't wait to see how they complement the 6 T5s
 
1 all blue Reefbrite is all u need. Great coverage because of the reflector.
I have one on my fixture.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
 
1 all blue Reefbrite is all u need. Great coverage because of the reflector.
I have one on my fixture.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Great to hear. Thanks!
 
Np. U can always add another later on if u want. Wait till u see how it looks with just the Reefbrite on.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
 
I'd start with one all blue strip. You might not be able to completely tell its on when all your lights are on, but wait til you only have actinics on!!!
I just added a 48" stunner strip and absolutely love it! My sps all look glow-in-the-dark!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new