How many run an external chaeto reactor, Leaks?

  • Thread starter Thread starter KnH
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Here are pics of the salt creep on the dry lid
20240723_135036.jpg


Pic of the turf growing on the inside top
20240723_135144.jpg


And a pic of the cheato forming "leaves". Half the cheato was "foamy" not stringy. I've not seen that before
20240723_140424.jpg


My caulerpa is up to 5 "leaves" now. Yeah
"Come an git me, Copper!"
How long have you been running it?
 
Well that seems odd. The comline pump is so weak I didn't think enough pressure would build if it clogged to break seals; but it hasn't for me yet. Just snapped a pic of mine; haven't cleaned it yet (long overdue). Maybe contact Tunze.. Doesn't seem right
20240723_180640.jpg
 
I'm not using the Tunze pump

It's too weak, it doesn't spin cheato

I use that for circulation during dipping and acclimation

I replaced with a DC Jebao pump. I start it at 100% to get the cheato spinning, and then turn it down to 40% for a slow simmer spin. Saves heat in the sump

If I cared enough about it, I would break it down and seal it better

I'm just showing the OP because leaks were asked about. It doesn't bother me
 
I don’t know why people run cheato reactors when algae turf scrubbers are more efficient and productive :/

Turf algae grows faster and holds 5-8x the phosphate compared to an equal amount of cheato.
is that true? does it show that somewhere in like an experiment? i might upgrade if so
 
is that true? does it show that somewhere in like an experiment? i might upgrade if so
Yes it’s true. They pull more nitrate and phosphate in a comparable amount of space.

Not saying cheato or other macros don’t work, you just need more.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 7 18.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 39.5%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 10.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 7.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 13.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 7.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new