How many t5 for 75

  • Thread starter Thread starter Saltyg
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Saltyg

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 13, 2012
Messages
135
Reaction score
2
Location
Nm
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Setting up a standard 75 for frag tank. Had leds (reef breeders) on my 180 dt, Was not to impressed on growth. Added t5 and growth took off. So on this frag tank think I will go just t5. Question how many? Will have softies, Lps, and a few sps. Thinking I can get away with 4 bulbs? Just keep sps toward top 5-8 inches beneath water. Lps and soft in bottom/middle? I was thinking on going with ati non dimming 6 bulb 36 inch. Or building a canopy and getting 2 or 3 48 inch let miro retro kits. Just not sure;) Any recommendations from you guys that have done it already would help my decisions. Thank you
 
6 bulb ;)
 
Do you think big difference in ati, aquatic life fixture? Or just going with let miro retros?
 
Go with retros;)
 
I've had both aquatic life and ati. Both did fine. Currently using ati and I do love it. If it was me I would do 36" 6 bulb
 
Thanks, now been awhile since I did t5. Would 4 blue plus, a purple plus and a ge6500k. Be good setup? Or is there a new setup for frags. Going to be mainly Lps, softy, Zoas but will def have sps up top. Thanks again
 
I've done that combo in the past. I thought it looked good and growth was good. Currently running 4 blue+
2 coral+ and royal blue leds. I prefer this look much more and getting good results
 
What kind of LEDs did you get? I was looking into some accent blue LED strips. I went with the Ati dim able fixture. So don't have to build canopy. So wanting some led I can just put on fixture or something.
 
Look at the Giesemann Matrix II t-5 fixture, not cheap but worth every penny. Really nice fixture.
 
What kind of LEDs did you get? I was looking into some accent blue LED strips. I went with the Ati dim able fixture. So don't have to build canopy. So wanting some led I can just put on fixture or something.
It was a diy build. 27 three watt royal blue chips per bar. So a total of 54 leds.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 9 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new