How many tanks do you have?

  • Thread starter Thread starter RaymondL
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

RaymondL

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 3, 2022
Messages
989
Reaction score
354
Location
Miami
What state or country do you live in
Kansas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 nano tanks, and for some reason, which I truly don't know yet, I want to set up another one...maybe a pico tank this time about. I started with one, and then within a year set up another one, and after the second one I want to start a third one.

I'm wondering if this is just me, or others here have the same "issue", and what to do about it. Having multiple tanks obviously needs more time/effort and money, so why?

:)
 
1. For the last 20 years I've kept 1 tank at a time. I don't want the work of multiple tanks. Having more than one, each with its own problems, no thanks.
 
3, but they are all connected, so easy to care for.

If they were separate, it would be too much work for me.
 
I have 2 nano tanks, and for some reason, which I truly don't know yet, I want to set up another one...maybe a pico tank this time about. I started with one, and then within a year set up another one, and after the second one I want to start a third one.

I'm wondering if this is just me, or others here have the same "issue", and what to do about it. Having multiple tanks obviously needs more time/effort and money, so why?

:)
My first 55 gallon saltwater aquarium quickly led to owning a used corner acrylic 120 gallon, 75 gallon and finally a 125 gallon, all set up in the basement. It was glorious. Unfortunately, I had to move and sold off everything. I don’t know what the final count would have been if I hadn’t moved.
 
3, but they are all connected, so easy to care for.
I could maybe live with this...

I have a 30 gallon frag system that is connected to my main. So I don't really count that as a different tank. I guess when this question comes up, I think in system rather than actual rectangles of water
 
I have a 40 gallon mixed reef, 15 gallon softie tank, and a 32 gallon seahorse tank.

I've had 4 in the past but had to take one down, it was too much for me.
 
I have 2 nano tanks, and for some reason, which I truly don't know yet, I want to set up another one...maybe a pico tank this time about. I started with one, and then within a year set up another one, and after the second one I want to start a third one.

I'm wondering if this is just me, or others here have the same "issue", and what to do about it. Having multiple tanks obviously needs more time/effort and money, so why?

:)
If you have the urge to have a third then why not? Mabye a little 5 gallon with some rockflowers and sexy shrimp?
Or a macro algae tank with some cool little inverts or smaller fish?
 
Im now back at two but set another in lieu of placing the misbehaved in my sump
 
3 in total

2 established freshwater systems 20g and 125g both heavily planted which reduces any heavy maintenance needs.

1 reef tank 150g total system volume going up.
 
Four, a 15 gallon, two 25's and a 38.

Used to have a 69 gallon freshwater tank, but I ended up retiring it after my very old pleco passed, as the tank was warped. 38 also used to be FW and home to my old old Redbellied Piranha, but I converted it to salt after his passing.
 
I currently have 5. Three freshwater tanks (5, 10 and 29 gal) and then a 65 gallon mixed reef and a 16 gallon wanna be macroalgae tank
 
210 gallon mixed reef, 75 g (115 system) SPS dominant, 40 g softy and some LPS, 75 gallon fresh water. Working on setting up another reef, a 90 gallon in the coming weeks.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 7 18.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 39.5%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 10.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 7.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 13.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 7.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new