How much are these zoas worth

JackPinny

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AD2BE81F-5852-4CA6-B042-97EDFA22EAE6.jpeg

How much is 6 heads of f each of these zoas worth ? 08599BDB-594E-4313-9E06-9C1DC24C62B2.jpeg

ssdawood

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Pretty much nothing those are ugly and not really worth a dime.
That's a bad pic
I bet you under good lighting, DSLR macro lense.
Someone who know how to take a pic
Photoshop
An R2R platinum seller and vendor status
A crazy name not scientific
You will pay atleast 60 bucks a polyp.
Hahahah

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only what someone is willing to pay for them. I wouldn't put them in my tanks so tell me more about the rock they are on and I might be interested.

muzikalmatt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those are palythoa, not zoanthids. A more common name for them is texas trash palys. They are not particularly valuable, but they are very invasive and also contain palytoxin so I would recommend being very careful if you plan on fragging them. You might get a decent price for the entire colony (maybe $50), but most people wouldn't pay much for a frag of those ($5-10 for a decent sized frag at best).

ssdawood

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Those are palythoa, not zoanthids. A more common name for them is texas trash palys. They are not particularly valuable, but they are very invasive and also contain palytoxin so I would recommend being very careful if you plan on fragging them. You might get a decent price for the entire colony (maybe $50), but most people wouldn't pay much if anything for a frag of those, $5-10 for a decent sized frag at best.
Are these pretty?
Not arguing with you. Just discussion. Did you say Texas trash. Lol
I didnt know ppl called them that.
Yes the toxins part is correct. Be careful.
Screenshot_20221103-164610_Chrome.jpg

OP
OP
J

JackPinny

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those are palythoa, not zoanthids. A more common name for them is texas trash palys. They are not particularly valuable, but they are very invasive and also contain palytoxin so I would recommend being very careful if you plan on fragging them. You might get a decent price for the entire colony (maybe $50), but most people wouldn't pay much for a frag of those ($5-10 for a decent sized frag at best).
Okay many thanks

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
AD2BE81F-5852-4CA6-B042-97EDFA22EAE6.jpeg

How much is 6 heads of f each of these zoas worth ? 08599BDB-594E-4313-9E06-9C1DC24C62B2.jpeg
Common paly and to me zero- They are worse than weeds in the garden. If it is a Must purchase- Maybe $10 or a 6 pack of beer

muzikalmatt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are these pretty?
I wasn't saying that palythoa in general aren't valuable, pretty or desirable, just that these particular palys aren't. The texas trash moniker is a bit old, but it's a pretty common blanket name for the less colorful brown palythoa strains. Like I said, I have them in my 40 gallon (got them as a hitchhiker), but wish I had killed them off when I had the chance as they took over a prime piece of real estate in my tank.

Ultimately any coral is only worth what people are willing to pay for them. It's just in this particular case most reefers won't be willing to pay much for these.

Roli's Reef Ranch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are these pretty?
Screenshot_20221103-164610_Chrome.jpg
All you gotta do is take some over-saturated pics and link it to a celebrity coral farm and bam! Now you've gone from a $5 frag to a $65 frag, at least for the people who thought these were ugly. lol, Oh, and don't forget the fake discount where you double the price, then cut it in half so you can claim 50% off... haha.

But seriously, these are good filler colonies for reefers who haven't yet become elitists like half the people on this forum. I still have a big rock covered with something that looks identical. I have $400 frags too. Too many people on here are just trying to show off and prove something to themselves despite the value we place on these frags being TOTALLY subjective. Plenty of people would be happy with them. Don't let them TAS on your parade. The only reason they said that was to steal a little bit of joy from you. YOU decide what kinda reef you want, and if you can pick 'em up for cheap because somebody is too biased to appreciate them, good on you, AND good on the corals. They need homes too!

dragons den sale GIF by CBC

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 27.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 32.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 34 31.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 7 6.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.9%
Back