How much did you spend on your yellow tail tamarin wrasse?

livinlifeinBKK

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing is wrong with trying to keep an "expert only" fish imo as long as you have a sound game plan laid out that you fully believe will work (and not only based on hope).

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All is well he is out and about swimming and the instigator is not the wrasse it’s the tang lol! They just need to establish dominance and he is finding his spot. And no one is fighting.
Awesome
Great to hear!

OP
OP
AydenLincoln

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
IMG_2598.jpeg

maroun.c

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful fish, always wanted one.
Tried a few abd they never did well in shipping for me except for one that arrived with a broken jaw but yet lived for month eating small pellets soaked in vitamins. I scored a healthy on couple months back abd he did great in qt as well as in intro as I have multiple fairy and leopard wrasses. Non gave him any interest and he's out and about since then.

OP
OP
AydenLincoln

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Beautiful fish, always wanted one.
Tried a few abd they never did well in shipping for me except for one that arrived with a broken jaw but yet lived for month eating small pellets soaked in vitamins. I scored a healthy on couple months back abd he did great in qt as well as in intro as I have multiple fairy and leopard wrasses. Non gave him any interest and he's out and about since then.
That’s great!! :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

OP
OP
AydenLincoln

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hows it doing today? out and about.
I also have wanted to try one. last winter i have one heck of a time shipping in and any fish. about 50% + DOA.
sending it happy and healthy vibes.
I’m at work but will update later when I feed everyone.:)

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve always found the survival rate to be better if you can add them as pairs. Having a buddy takes some of the stress away.
I have found the opposite. And even if that does work they’ll eventually both go male and fight. Better to have a variety of species.

OP
OP
AydenLincoln

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
How is the tamarin doing?
Sorry never updated this. He got sick and died soon after I got him. It happened fast and I’m not sure why/what it was. I think it was bacterial though. Also I had realized that neither of my tanks are meant to have anymore fish than they already do because new additions seem to die on me or have a low survival rate overall so I really haven’t tried other fish since my last ones died. Other than the marine betta l got like a month ago he’s very shy though and hardly ever out I knew they were shy fish but this one is really shy.

OP
OP
AydenLincoln

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
In many ways my ability to keep certain fish long term or not I think is pure luck and I know vendors make a difference too. But for instance I know someone who has had bad luck with puffers and they have all died or gotten sick but I have had no major issues with Hewbie that haven’t resolved themselves and he’s thriving. Other times it was my fault or a fish died shortly after acclimation/being shipped to me. I know there’s things we can do to prevent fish death but I know nothing is foolproof either and some are too far gone before you notice something is wrong or maybe they just die because that happens too.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 25.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 33.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 43 30.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.9%
Back