How much ich-x should i put in a 10 gal?

spoons

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My hippo tang recently got it, so I got a 10 gallon quarantine tank and I don’t really know how much ich-x to put in the tank

image.jpg

Julbra

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My hippo tang recently got it, so I got a 10 gallon quarantine tank and I don’t really know how much ich-x to put in the tank

image.jpg
Follow instructions on the bottle:

Assuming you got the aquarium variant (not the pond one), it's 5 mL of Ich-X for 10 gallons.

Some important points from above link:
make at least 1/3 water change before each addition
repeat treatments at least every 24 hours, but no more than every 8 hours, depending upon the course of the disease

Tired

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Worth noting that treating only one fish won't get rid of the ich. You have to remove and treat all fish in the tank, and leave the tank fallow for two months (check the exact time online, I don't remember it off the top of my head) to allow the ich in the tank to die off. Otherwise the tang will just get re-infected, as all your other fish have ich as well.

Also, check your husbandry. Stress can contribute to allowing ich and other infections to take hold. How large is the tang, how large is the tank, and do you have any other tangs or similar fish?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

image.jpg
Best to sue copper safe or copper power and you want to have a reliable test kit to assure you are Not overdosing. I am not keen on this stuff and that driftwood in the I assume hospital needs to go due to the edges for potential injury. A small PVSconnecting pipe and elbow will suffice. . . 1.5-2"

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There's no reason to use that stuff.

+1 for Copper Power or Safe, as vetteguy recommended

OP
OP
spoons

spoons

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Worth noting that treating only one fish won't get rid of the ich. You have to remove and treat all fish in the tank, and leave the tank fallow for two months (check the exact time online, I don't remember it off the top of my head) to allow the ich in the tank to die off. Otherwise the tang will just get re-infected, as all your other fish have ich as well.

Also, check your husbandry. Stress can contribute to allowing ich and other infections to take hold. How large is the tang, how large is the tank, and do you have any other tangs or similar fish?
Is the tank supposed to be a lil blue?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 12

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 13 68.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 5.3%
Back