Ich treatment

Jordan518

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone here used hydrogen peroxide 3% to get rid of ich? I bought a new fish (blue hippo tang) a baby brought it home to iso tank and noticed the white spots I've done a little reading on people dosing 1ml per 10 gal and seemed to rid the ich anyone here have this experience?

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't agree with H202 being a good way to treat ich. It's so reactive that the concentration would quickly change, and you would need to have a steady dose to keep killing the swimmers (theronts). It's also a harsh chemical on any exposed tissue.

Since the fish is in an isolation tank, I would just add Copper Power. 1.2 mL per gallon of tank water would get you to 2.0+ concentration. Wait 30 days, then into the display. I wouldn't use Ich x. That's just malachite green and formaldehyde. It might work okay in freshwater ich. Copper should be either Copper Power or Coppersafe. Tangs handle that fine.

Sticker shock

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only success in the display tank I’ve had with preventing ich is with UV.

I tried quarantine with copper and was never very successful in keeping fish alive.

So now I fully rely on UV and healthy foods. So far it’s been working as I haven’t seen a sign of ich since UV was introduced.

OP
OP
Jordan518

Jordan518

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a uv light just came in the mail today actually (love next day shipping amazon) this is a newe reef tank I'm in the middle of the ugly phase not looking to damage my main tank up!

WallyTime7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I use peroxide as an oxidizer. I cleared my water and feel the fish are happier. Which can help health but not treat existing illnesses.
highly recommend it. Only have to change it once every 5-6 weeks.

Dom

Full Time Reef Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone here used hydrogen peroxide 3% to get rid of ich? I bought a new fish (blue hippo tang) a baby brought it home to iso tank and noticed the white spots I've done a little reading on people dosing 1ml per 10 gal and seemed to rid the ich anyone here have this experience?

Have you tried Hypo-Salinity?

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use peroxide as an oxidizer. I cleared my water and feel the fish are happier. Which can help health but not treat existing illnesses.
highly recommend it. Only have to change it once every 5-6 weeks.
What is your procedure? What do you mean by "change it?"

Dom

Full Time Reef Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have not tried that have you had luck with this method?

Yes, I have.

But you must be certain that it is ICH. If it is Brook or Velvet, I believe it requires a copper treatment.

OP
OP
Jordan518

Jordan518

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems to be ich what's your thoughts

Attachments

• 20231218_104719.jpg
    20231218_104719.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 29
  • 20231218_104650.jpg
    20231218_104650.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 26

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Seems to be ich what's your thoughts
Associated often with Hepatus tangs, these are mucus cones mixed in with ich and even from a skin irritation. You will need to place fish in Quarantine tank and treat with Coppersafe or Copper Power at therapeutic level 2.25-2.5 For a FULL 30 days (do not interrupt this 30 day period) monitored by a reliable Copper Test kit such as Hanna Brand- No API brand. Also monitor Ammonia levels while in quarantine with a reliable test kit and add aeration during treatment using an air stone.

OP
OP
Jordan518

Jordan518

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Associated often with Hepatus tangs, these are mucus cones mixed in with ich and even from a skin irritation. You will need to place fish in Quarantine tank and treat with Coppersafe or Copper Power at therapeutic level 2.25-2.5 For a FULL 30 days (do not interrupt this 30 day period) monitored by a reliable Copper Test kit such as Hanna Brand- No API brand. Also monitor Ammonia levels while in quarantine with a reliable test kit and add aeration during treatment using an air stone.
Thank you!! He is in an iso tank already I just bought this little dude 2 days ago he started showing white spots yesterday I have coppersafe here do not have my copper test but sure wouldn't be a thing to get it thanks again!

OP
OP
Jordan518

Jordan518

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just in one day after using this copper safe it's a night and day difference in fish attitude and behavior eats perfect happy swimming around pretty wild my first time using this copper I always used ich x you have Def. Made me a beliver in the coppersafe thanks again!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back