Is this ich!!!

Gabrielaquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a uv and have never had any cases of ich just randomly I was looking and saw these dots on my hippo tang. What do I do is it really ich?
IMG_6522.jpeg
IMG_6525.jpeg
IMG_6524.jpeg
IMG_6523.jpeg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
looks like scars, hard to tell in the picture. Ich best described as salt or sugar-like “sprinkles”.

1708740134121.png
I got a uv and have never had any cases of ich just randomly I was looking and saw these dots on my hippo tang. What do I do is it really ich?
IMG_6522.jpeg
IMG_6525.jpeg
IMG_6524.jpeg
IMG_6523.jpeg
This fish has mucus cones likely mixed with ich and is very susceptible to such. How does the other fish in the tank look?
You will want to treat with coppersafe or Copper Power at therapeutic level 2.25-2.5 For a FULL 30 days (do not interrupt this 30 day period) monitored by a reliable Copper Test kit such as Hanna Brand- No API brand. Also monitor Ammonia levels while in quarantine with a reliable test kit and add aeration during treatment using an air stone.
The display tank will have to be kept fishless (FALLOW) especially if other fish are show signs/symptoms for 6-8 weeks to assure the existing parasites go through their life cycle without a host fish and die off
A quarantine tank can be as simple as a tank from a second hand store or a starter kit from Walmart which most of the needed essentials. UV will address what is free floating and passes through the unit and Not erase ich from an infected fish

Upvote 0

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 51 40.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 15 12.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 34 27.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 23 18.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.6%
Back