Yellow tang has ich

jacson

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 15, 2026
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m almost 99% sure my yellow tang has ich what do I do I’ve never had a yellow tang before got him 3 days ago
 
I’m almost 99% sure my yellow tang has ich what do I do I’ve never had a yellow tang before got him 3 days ago
I see this is your first post. Welcome to r2r.

Consider posting in fish disease forum. @Jay Hemdal can help you.

How many other fish are in this tank? How long has tank been set up? Also consider starting a tank journal in members tank forum. Help us help you. Details matter. A full tank shot with white light would help. Also, a close up of fish with white spots would help.

What makes you 99% sure of ich?
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef!

#WelcometoR2R

As Subsea mentioned above, please post some clear pics of the fish in distress using the brightest white lights you have, turn down all your blues for clarity. Then, we can ask Jay and the rest of the R2R fish medic team for an assessment, diagnosis, and treatment plan going forward as needed.

Best of luck!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 10.5%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 4 21.1%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 15.8%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new