How much is a Walt Disney worth?

AbnormalReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all. I am contemplating selling my Walt Disney frag to either my LFS or online. It’s technically 3 frags, just fused together. So it’s basically 3 frags about 3/4-1” tall. I am located in PA and have never seen Walt Disney acros sold in any fish store within a 2 hour radius away from me besides one small shop.

Online I see them go for 150-299 for one frag. So would 450 be a fair price to ask? For my LFS I’ll probably do 250 (got it for 150; 100 of which was credit).

PS - I realize that as a hobbyist if you wanna trade/sell you’ll have to go lower price, but I own a coral vendor page on Instagram.

Last edited:

ReefyB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like you might just have a large WD frag. Pics would help. Normal WD frags are more like $90-$125 now (I got mine a few months back for 74 on auction). If yours is a rather large nice looking piece (but still less than an inch tall) that’s fully encrusted it’s plug I’d think you could get $125 to $199 if your including shipping.

OP
OP
AbnormalReefer

AbnormalReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
55c721cf170b48d2297bf1b08e11c266.jpg

Here is the image. It is much brighter yellowish green in real life, just simply don’t own a polyplab lens yet. Under blues it’s got a purple base with bright neon green polyps and some orange is starting to show up along the encrusting parts. There is a third frag behind the 2 pictured above

Vahanyos

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can't say for sure bud, sorry. In my opinion, 300-400 for that frag you pictured might be the MAX price anyone would pay... I certainly won't pay anything over $250... but that's just me being honest

Philipgonzales3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Based on my expert opinion, I believe the item in question I'd say your item is worth between 200-300....

I would have to get it framed, and it doesn't come with any paperwork, I'll give you 5$ and not a penny more.

Sorry I watch too much pawn stars and I also know nothing about corals.

I did find one on eBay though. Good luck!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Walt-Disne...858399?hash=item3f4ffc0e1f:g:1aEAAOSwuMZZAuiB

NASOTANG87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I paid $50 for a small frag from another hobbyist recently. The frag is probably 1/2 inch. On another note, while we’re on the topic...anyone venture what a fair price for a JF home wrecker or OG Bounce is?

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that's absurdly overpriced.

$200 max, Walt Disney has almost no value anymore. Full disclosure, my area is over saturated with all the high end SPS. Frags from stores are $100, frags from hobbyists are like $50.

If you have an LFS that will pay $200 for that (more like $100 max) let me know. I have about 20k in corals to ship that LFS.

OP
OP
AbnormalReefer

AbnormalReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could I cut in half and call it two if that’s the case? Haha....

In all seriousness, I’ll try for 250-300 and if no one buys it then I’ll lower to the 200 range and if not and my LFS doesn’t give me that then I’ll be more than happy to keep it. Thanks all!

spsick

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I doubt an LFS is gonna pay 250 for it. They have to mark it up 100% and no way they’re putting a $500 price tag on it. I’d say you’d be right to ask $100. LFS typically pays less than a local hobbyist as they have to mark up.

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can get 1/2 to 3/4 frags around here for $50. Market is pretty saturated and the people who want them already have them. This is an easy to grow and frag coral so the price is coming down pretty fast. You can get more than this in other areas if you can prove lineage back to Big R - if somebody is going to pay retail, expect them to want proof.

OP
OP
AbnormalReefer

AbnormalReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There’s 2 people at the LFS that want it. Another good customer and the saltwater manager there for her aquarium. If I sell to the guy who’s also looking for red planet and purple haze (which I happen to have) then I may snag quite a lot. But if it’s the saltwater manager I can probably do 200-250 directly to her privately, not the fish store itself.

So it’ll probably be a private transaction. Not a trade to the LFS itself as an entity. The minimum I’d like to sell for it is 200, that way id make a 50 dollar profit.

Guttersnipe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why do you want to sell that frag. Your tank looks like it hasn’t been up and running for very long.
I don’t think your lfs will pay what you’re asking for.

Caption This Contest OFFICIAL VOTING POLL! (make a post in this thread and you could win a prize too)

• "What do you mean?! I am smiling!

• "Did she really just rejoin the ReefAholics Anonymous group...AGAIN?!"

• "Take a look at the new Sexy Shrimp!"

• "I'm funny how, I mean funny like I'm a clownfish? I amuse you?"

• "Looks like your living room is going through the ugly stage"

• "Aghhh! Go put on your makeup before feeding me, please!"

• "You try eating sand and not get constipated!"

• "Everyone, hide! The landlord is coming!"

• "He touched the butt!"

• "They forgot to shut off the RO line and left for work...AGAIN"

• "Get off my sand!"

• "What do you mean I can't say that on a family friendly forum?"

• "My face looking over my bank statement after a reef show..."

• "Kids, you're grounded! Get back in my mouth!"

• "When you see a human with a bucket and know somethings is about to go down."

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back