How much w/c should i do?

  • Thread starter Thread starter merlberg
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

merlberg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 22, 2015
Messages
1,025
Reaction score
155
Location
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is 120 and sump is 55... I try to do w/c every 2 weeks. Is 10% of my 120 ok?
 
I have 400 gallons of total water volume and have been doing 10% every 2 weeks. I also dose Red Sea N03:P04-X to keep nitrates and phosphates down as well as dosing calcium and alkalinity.

I would think the frequency of your water changes depends on what your water quality is like and the demand for calcium, alkalinity, magnesium etc within your system if you're not dosing. Some people do water changes once a week or every two weeks. Some people do once a month or even longer.
 
I have 400 gallons of total water volume and have been doing 10% every 2 weeks. I would see it depends on what your water quality is like with regards to the frequency for water changes. Some people do once a week or every two weeks. Some people do once a month.

Ok thanks... My water quality is fine and ive been doing this since the jump but I guess I wanted to knw if I should be changing more. But like the saying goes ... If it aint broke dnt fix it lol so Ill stick to what ive been doing, since everything in my tank has been doing well.
 
10% of total water volumn is what i do once a week. Also water changes replenish trace element that we don't test for. Unless you dosing trace elements.
 
10% of total water volumn is what i do once a week. Also water changes replenish trace element that we don't test for. Unless you dosing trace elements.

Ok thank you and No not dosing trace elements... My tank is FOWLR.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new