How much water?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Thunderfan
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Thunderfan

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 17, 2014
Messages
219
Reaction score
13
Location
Choctaw, ok.
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got my tank ready for my aqua scape done now I just need water. I don't have a ro/di yet so I will be buying it from a lfs. Question is how much do I really need? My display is 75g my sump is made from a 30g which probably has 20g capacity when running. I know rocks and sand will displace water but, how much? I have 80 pounds of sand and about 80 pounds of rock between the display and sump. How much water would I need so I don't have 20 gallons left over but I don't have to run back to get more?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 42.3%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 2 7.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new