How much$

Jilly92

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How much would you pay someone for this?

Screenshot_20210619-184933_Messenger.jpg

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Frogspawn? No more than $30 if healthy. Make sure tissue isn't receeding. That tank looks new that it's in.

UnderseaOddities

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Jilly92 I'd stay away from it personally that's just my opinion...
Offer the guy 10 - 20$ since it's not a bi color and its brown, the polyps look kinda funky as stated above, it could be alk swing could be a new tank, improper placement or overall just an unhealthy coral... idk ... It may have been ticked at the time of the photo shoot or eating it's hard to tell without a closer picture of the skeleton to see if there are any tears, inspect the piece for jelly,nucisene algae on skelton,any pokes or tears in the flesh,gunk around tissue or polyps are a no go for me,look for pests like pygmatrid snails,vermitid snails, barnacles, rock boring clams,

Rember to dip it and keep it away from any coral if u do decide to buy it for atleast a week or two,especially if you have other euphillidae,hammers torches yayas divisa( foxes and bubbles by technicality)

Last edited:

UnderseaOddities

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also take caution when handling euphillidae barehanded, as yayamensis seem to be the euphillidae in which ,certain people get stung by and are the most allergic to and reactive too out of the euphillya family. these guys also have long swepper tentacles that can reach up to triple the length of the coral ;at night for this reason they shouldnt be placed in close proximity to other corals, contrary to what people believe even other euphillidae of the same phylum and order can sting and make each other;retract or even in severe cases eject polyps which will eventually lead to a decline In coral health or even the demise of the coral, i hope this helps you out @Jilly92

Last edited:

UnderseaOddities

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Jilly92 ive bought some cheap green frogspawn frags from https://shop.terrareef.com/products/green-frogspawn-coral
And they ended up florescening blue tips 51$ is a steal for two heads of green frogspawn(100$ at my lfs for a small head non bicolor green and black)

Hammers are pretty neat too you can find that often time that these offer the same movement as the frogspawn and octospawn but are less aggressive when it comes to stinging other eupiliya as long as they are placed by the same species,and are half the price you can find hammer frags from 15$ online aquacultured compared to the 50 to 75$ a head the lfs charges https://www.thefraglab.com/product-page/toxic-green-hammer

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back