how often do u feed your anemone

ReeferRookie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fed my anemone today for first time. I hadnt fed him before and many said sunlight and falling food is enough. I did reserch and a local shop told.me.they feed theirs krill weekly so they grow faster ive also heard people say they feed their krill. But only 1 monthly so.it wont grow as fast. I guess my question is. How often do u feed yours and what do u believe to be the best result. Btw he ate that krill in less then a sexond was pretty kool
20140814_125454.jpg

Too2short

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feed my hadonni a whole raw shrimp about once every other week. He is 9yrs old and over 12" across. I recieved hin from a hobbyist that was getting rid of his tank about a year ago.

uploadfromtaptalk1408129082671.jpg

djurynk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Food for RTBA

I have had my RTBA for about four months and have fed it pieces of Silversides as big as his mouth opening every third day. Over this time, he has grown and I have overtime lengthen the time between feedings as when I feed the fish pieces of Mysis and other frozen food are caught by my RBTA. Also, if he does not grab the Silverside piece that I put in front of him with plastic tweezers I do not feed him that day. RTBA imo are very temperamental but I enjoy watching him deflate, brighten, wave in the water movement, and grow.

KorD

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feed mine a small amount of shrimp every few days.. all together of what I would feed one every other week.. I do so jut because I like watching them eat :)
The flower nems don't get food since they would rather have light , the mini maxi carpet nem does not like eating and lets go of anything I give him, and the three other nems get shrimp or mysis when I feed the fish

snafte

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My BTA, is fed directly from the Clown. I offer a piece of krill or lance fish to the tank every 3-4 days and the clown is always the first time come grab it, and takes it directly to the BTA. Its awesome to watch! I have to smaller BTA, which i hand feed atm.

7hogwarts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My BTAs all eat whatever falls Into them. My Maxi minis love krill.

chiblackhawks4

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
feed my bubble tips raw shrimp every three days or so. Im trying to grow them fast. Anyone have a recipe to get them big quickly?

HVAC Guy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you feed them too often it can rot inside them before they can digest it and cause problems. Be wary of overfeeding.

Trex

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Blue S. haddoni, hasn't been directly fed in the 4 months that I have had it.
Green S. haddoni, hasn't been directly fed in the last 2-3 years --- was fed twice a month in the 2 years prior to that.

Back