How often do you change carbon blocks?

Notsolostfish

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 21, 2014
Messages
2,966
Reaction score
801
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How often are you guys changing your rodi filters? Carbon and etc?
 
Largely depends on your input water. My city uses chloramines and I replace my first carbon block every 2 months and my second one every 6 months.
 
20250903_164044.jpg

I go through a lot more water than most but your local water makes a huge difference as far as longevity is concerned.

I go through sediment filters monthly and generally change carbon at the same time since I might as well.
 
~5-6 months. i change sediment and carbon both at the same time. The membrane once a year ~11-12 months

To me, RO is something you do not want to go cheap on. its the "first line of defense"
 
Largely depends on your input water. My city uses chloramines and I replace my first carbon block every 2 months and my second one every 6 months.
Mine does too, and its been more than 5 months since i changed mine and im getting brown jelly, somebody suspected that this could be the cause as icp test and my testing didnt find anything
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new