How often do you change your T5 bulbs?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Emoney
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Emoney

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 6, 2009
Messages
1,306
Reaction score
14
Location
Baltimore
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive been in the hobby for some time now (7+ years) . I usually change my bulbs about once a year. I run 3 250MH over my display and 8 t'5. The t5's are mainly for viewing pleasure and color so ive never been to worried about how much par they produce ect. about a year ago I added a 80gl frag tank to my system and are running a 4 bulb t'5 set up...wondering about how long ATI bulbs last running 6-8 hours a day?
 
6-9 months is the typical lifespan, depending on the 'cold spot' temperature of the bulbs. Too hot and their phosphors degrade faster.
 
I change mine every 8 months, and I stagger them out to avoid the cost and acclimation requirements. I just write the date on the bulb when I put it in so I dont get confused.:der:
 
Thanks for all the info guys!! looks like im a lil overdue for a bulb change :)
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 7.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 17 21.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 23 28.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 11.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 10 12.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new