How often do you clean your return pump?

BubbleAlgaeFarmer

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 4, 2024
Messages
296
Reaction score
168
Location
Massachusetts
What state or country do you live in
Massachusetts
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lately it seems like i have to keep turning up my return pump to compensate for it slowing down. Once i clean it, i can always lower back down to my initial settings. I feel like i’m having to clean it a lot lately. So i ask, how often does everyone else have to clean theirs? I’m most interested because I find it to be a pain in the butt.
 
dr tims waste away , and black lined return pump means never (hopefully lol)
 
Mine has been running non stop for about 6 years. I keep saying im going to clean it but I never do.
So I guess my answer is never.
im with this guy, never.
idk about him, but i use an extremely oversized dc return pump turned way down
 
Probably not as often as I should, haha
 
My intention is to clean them every 6 months, but seems like it can stretch out to once a year, sometimes 2.
 
I have a Sicce pump that let's me know when the pump needs maintenance. My tank is 11 months old and I have cleaned it twice.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 20.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 31 30.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 13 12.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 6.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new