How often do you feed juvenile snowflake eel?

Porcupine Reefer

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 1, 2023
Messages
183
Reaction score
63
Location
Colorado springs
What state or country do you live in
Colorado
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a juvenile snowflake eel yesterday, he is 6 inches long. How often would I feed him for his overall development?
 
I have a large Snowflake at home. I feed him 1 table shrimp weekly.

To quote Bob Fenner, "An animal that eats is an animal that lives." Even if you don't have to feed him often, I would get him eating and established. They will not eat themselves to death. I would offer food daily, and if he does not show interest, then don't worry about it. After he is established, you can offer food less often.

I would start with frozen Krill. If he won't take that then I would try large Mysis shrimp.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 30.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 17 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new