How often do you mess with your sump equipment?

  • Thread starter Thread starter NancyFish
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

NancyFish

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 21, 2024
Messages
680
Reaction score
206
Location
conneticut
What state or country do you live in
Connecticut
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How much do you rummage in your sump, or take things out and in? My reefmat looks snug to take in and out.

IMG_1716.jpeg


I’m dry fitting everything and didn’t give myself much wiggle room in the cabinet. I can get my reefmat roller fleece into position, do the rolls and all. But to get it out I basically have to pick it up horizontal (limited vertical space) - I imagine I’d make a huge mess if that’s the case.

IMG_1715.jpeg


Looking to make adjustments now before finalized.
 
I have a reefmat and a dc skimmer. The skimmer requires maintenance, but the only thing I do with the reefmat is replace the roll when its out.
That was what I figured. But since this is my first sump I keep feeling like I’m going to mess something simple up — esp with being limited in space — which is seems like most average size tank setups are too.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 39.3%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new