How often should I change carbon (newbie question). Its BRS ROX 0.8

FishPersonFL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How often should I change carbon (newbie question). Its BRS ROX 0.8? I have a light/medium stocked mix LPS SPS 60 gallon tank. I understand I can change it out less due to the carbon type.
TIA

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let me guess, the label says change; "As often as needed."

Won't hurt to change it more often then that but take comfort in the idea that it will be less often than required with those other carbons out there. :face-with-hand-over-mouth:

Thanks, I needed to make a worthless reply post. I need to move a large tank due to a flood in the home (not tank related) that requires the tank to move so the water damage can be mediated.

If your water looks yellow or green is what lots of folks use to signal a change, or they just do it say monthly, like a central air conditioning filter.
Serious In Love GIF by Searchlight Pictures
:cool:

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
on my 15 gallon softie tank which has no real filtration, I change it out every 1-2 weeks, to help get the toxins out.

On my 40 gallon mixed reef, which is super clean and with low nutrients, I change it out every 3-4 weeks. I only use it on this tank because I find it polishes the water.

OP
OP
F

FishPersonFL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
on my 15 gallon softie tank which has no real filtration, I change it out every 1-2 weeks, to help get the toxins out.

On my 40 gallon mixed reef, which is super clean and with low nutrients, I change it out every 3-4 weeks. I only use it on this tank because I find it polishes the water.
is that the same type of carbon? THe rox 0.8?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 147 57.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.5%
Back