How often to feed puffer fish?

  • Thread starter Thread starter PacoPetty
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

PacoPetty

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 22, 2018
Messages
732
Reaction score
781
What state or country do you live in
Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a small six line puffer fish and a porcupine puffer fish. I have been feeding them four or six clams every day for about three months. I have a terrible time keeping their tank clean so I am wondering if I am over feeding or can I feed them lessI have a small six line puffer fish and a porcupine puffer fish. I have been feeding them four or six clams every day for about three months. I have a terrible time keeping their tank clean so I am wondering if I am over feeding or can I feed them less often? Any help would be appreciated.
 
What size tank are they in and how big do you think they are, puffers love to eat. When you say 6 line puffer, do you mean narrow lined puffer. Puffers basically eat every day and they will eat alot and need a tank with good filtration. My dogface puffer could eat 6 clams a day and still be begging for more. If this is the poster with the 55g, those fish need to be in a bigger tank, you will not be able to even keep one of those fish in a 55g.
 
I have a small six line puffer fish and a porcupine puffer fish. I have been feeding them four or six clams every day for about three months. I have a terrible time keeping their tank clean so I am wondering if I am over feeding or can I feed them lessI have a small six line puffer fish and a porcupine puffer fish. I have been feeding them four or six clams every day for about three months. I have a terrible time keeping their tank clean so I am wondering if I am over feeding or can I feed them less often? Any help would be appreciated.
I have a dogface puffer and he absolutely goes nuts for seaweed I can pick up the bag 15 ft away from the tank and he knows he will be chilling next to the clip
 

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new