How old is my coral?

FlameangelLover

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 25, 2025
Messages
842
Reaction score
838
Location
detroit
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys I was wondering for corals like toadstools or elegance corals or anemones (I know this isn’t a coral) that splits to reproduce, do we have any way to find out how old these peices are? Like is the anemone in my tank a 4000 year old split ??? Or is my toadstool 10,000 years old ?

I don’t think when the coral splits the timer restarts in my opinion I think the timer starts when the coral is first born
 
good question, and you'll never know unless you witness a new coral from spawning yourself!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 8.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new