How safe Alkatronic reagent to reef ?

q8_reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello every body ,
Actually this is my first post on R2R, decided to go through discussions after enjoying reading for a long time :D
I have Alkatronic on my fully SPS tank running perfectly and giving very accurate reading compared with Hanna dkh Checker .. I used to dispose the waste water out side and never return it back to the aquarium even though they say the reagent is reef safe ... but the problem is that I am always monitoring the salinity from time to time because it drops little bit since each test takes 50 ml of aquarium water ... my question is :
Any body is returning the waste water back to the aquarium with no problems ?

IMG_9575.JPG

EmdeReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello every body ,
Actually this is my first post on R2R, decided to go through discussions after enjoying reading for a long time :D
I have Alkatronic on my fully SPS tank running perfectly and giving very accurate reading compared with Hanna dkh Checker .. I used to dispose the waste water out side and never return it back to the aquarium even though they say the reagent is reef safe ... but the problem is that I am always monitoring the salinity from time to time because it drops little bit since each test takes 50 ml of aquarium water ... my question is :
Any body is returning the waste water back to the aquarium with no problems ?

IMG_9575.JPG

I’ve been adding back to the tank for a couple months now without issues. Prior to that used to return KHG reagent (likely the same) for over a year.

OP
OP
q8_reefer

q8_reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been adding back to the tank for a couple months now without issues. Prior to that used to return KHG reagent (likely the same) for over a year.
wow great to know this , maybe will do the same and have more peace of mind regarding the salinity.

Crazyfishguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I’m glad I found someone who switched from the KHG to the alkatronic. Please tell me what the difference is. Is it just the interface basically? I understand they work in the same manner. But is the alkatronic just easier to use? I ironically own the khg but never set it up. And ended up shutting down my tank before having the chance. Now I have my aquarium set back up and now there is new players in the game lol. And woundering if I should use the khg or just sell it while it’s new and switch to the alkatronic. Your input would be appreciated!!!

Crazyfishguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you tell me more about your tank and provide more pictures?! It looks amazing? Where did you have the stand made?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 161 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back