How should I hang my lights?

  • Thread starter Thread starter MuralReef
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

MuralReef

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 15, 2014
Messages
30
Reaction score
8
Location
Aurora, CO
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have an Aquamedic 3 lamp MH fixture and it is heavy. I can't figure out how to hang this over the 180 that I am building in the school library. The ceilings are very high so I can't mount it to the ceiling. Plus I want a canopy of sorts so the kids don't look directly at the lights. I will also be using 2 48" LED stops to supplement and would like to use these. I have thought about making a frame out of aluminum angle iron too. Any thoughts or ideas would be great and keep in mind I want a clean look since this will be in a public place.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new